Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lessons from the Sunshine State

We  have learned more in the short 7 months that we have been in Florida than we could have ever learned anywhere else. Our journey to Florida was incredible, honestly we thought that Florida would be the place we would settle down, collect ourselves & the shatter pieces of our dreams and build something new. As I look back I know that Florida was a necessary stop in our journey, was it a mistake? Financially yes! In the big picture, no. The cash we've spent hauling our crap around the country  was a small price to pay for the experiences that we have had here. As I look at our clutter apartment I can't help but smile.
Love Packing.....not!
The biggest lessons that I will take from FL:
  1. You really can do anything you want, the only thing stopping you is you. 
  2. Great people are everywhere and you have the choice to hang out with them and be influenced by them or continue to be around people that bring you down.  
  3. Follow your heart and everything will always be okay.
  4. Nothing can replace time with family. 
We found ourselves here. We discovered our passion for CrossFit, the paleo lifestyle, we met amazing people, we understood that AdvoCare is our only outlet to become independently wealthy and we discovered how lucky we were to have family that supported us through all of our crazy endeavors.  Life is so crazy like that. Never in a million years did I think I would live in FL, I never thought Jere would be passionate about health and fitness like I am,  I never thought I could make it through financial crisis, and when I left Olmsted Falls I never ever thought I would miss it. My heart tells me I'm in the right place.  I've never had a problem  following my heart, half of the time its what gets me into all these crazy situations. Personally I think its a blessing. You never have to worry about me being happy and or not telling you how I feel. I'm happy because I follow my heart, I wear it on my sleeve and I share it with everyone I meet. Yes sometimes I get hurt because I live like this....but I make a conscious effort to keep the walls down. I don't know how to experience life any other way. I'm not great at making and sticking to plans because I do what my heart tells me to not what the plans on the paper say. I don't want to change that about myself because it gives me the right away to be free. I choose to be this way. I choose to live a passionate life. NOW, I'm not saying to give up on things that get hard because it is uncomfortable....I'm saying to listen to what your heart says. If you listen, it will tell you when to stick and when to leave. If you're honest with yourself you will know when you're doing something because you're following your heart or because you are pleasing someone else. Don't be a people pleaser....its exhausting. You will make millions of people happy by following your heart, by living a passionate, purposeful life you give others permission to do the same. We need more passionate people in the world.



Passionate Peeps we'll miss from FL:
Our AdvoFam
CrossFit Fam
lululemon Fam

In food News:
Back to Metabolic Nutrition System (MNS):

"Just like my Workout, My Multivitamin kicks your Multivitamin's ass." - Jere
Extra Probiotic....keeps my digestive system working

Extra Omegas keeps inflammation down
Chicken cordon blue wrapped in Bacon with frozen veggies
So the other night after the Nuclear Winter Challenge we had melted dark chocolate to dip Strawberries in....this is the leftover chocolate. YUM!
Bacon topped Meatloaf Recipe from Heath Bent, we subbed turkey for pork.

Sauteed (in the juices from the meatloaf) kale and spinach with garlic and sea salt
Put that over a sweet potato, baked in bacon grease.

Ate like royalty in our half packed apartment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment