Wednesday, July 23, 2014

If you don't have anything nice to say...

I'm pretty sure everyone can finish that sentence.



I find it very interesting that people waste so much time and energy bashing the things they do not agree with, instead of focusing on promoting what they do agree with. Especially online. People get behind their computer screens and forget that on the other side are real people. I'm not here to be the moral police, I'm not here to judge, I beleive we will all face our own judgement one day.  I do, however, want to make an observation. Doesn't it just make sense to promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate? I mean, even if you have been hurt or offended... it just does not make any sense to me that we should retaliate with more negativity. Right?  If only it were that easy.

I realize that if you are going to do anything that is out of the norm, you will most definitely get criticized unjustly. I also learned that forgiveness and kindness are the best ways to deal with any criticism.

I use to care a lot about what others thought of me. Then I learned that they criticize because they don't understand. I choose to forgive people that bash what I do because I know that they truly just don't understand it. Forgiveness is a really easy thing to do and it doesn't have to be earned or deserved by the person you give it to. Its actually a gift to yourself. I spent a lot of time replaying hurtful things that were said and done to me in the past. I let it hold me back. I let it slow me down. I wasted lots of energy on it. Now I choose to forgive and move on. Treat everyone with respect and kindness regardless of how they choose to act. That gives me power. And Power in the right hands is a great thing! I control my thoughts, my actions and my destiny.

PS... if you are getting bashed, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You're standing for something and because of it you will rise above the mediocrity of the crowd. Forgive them. Set yourself Free. And follow your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment