Friday, October 15, 2010

A healthy addiction

CrossFit is our addiction. It pushes us to our max every time we step into the gym. I have yet to do a workout that I didn't think about crying half way through. It shows us that we are weak but it proves to us that we are strong. Every day we have the opportunity to improve. Isn't that the same as life? Doesn't life kick you in the face all the time? But you have to choice to show up to kick its ass every day. You have the choice to make every day. Make yourself better or get trampled by circumstance. Take responsibility or be the victim. Live in the moment and be happy or live in fear and anger.  You are in the drivers seat, you just have to decide where to go and how to react.


So decide to live your dreams. Here's an exerpt from one of my favorite books The Travelers Gift (Andy Andrews):

"A wise man once said, ‘A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.’ Knowing this to be true, I am taking my first step today. The power to control direction belongs to me. Today I will begin to exercise that power. My course has been charted. My destiny is assured. I have a decided heart. I am passionate about my vision for the future. I will awaken every morning with an excitement about the new day and its opportunity for growth and change. My thoughts and actions will work in a forward motion. I will freely give my vision for the future to others, and as they see the belief in my eyes, they will follow me. I will lay my head on my pillow at night happily exhausted, knowing that I have done everything within my power to move the mountains in my path. As I sleep, the same dream that dominates my waking hours will be with me in the dark. Yes, I have a dream. It is a great dream, and I will never apologize for it. My hopes, my passions, my vision for the future are my very existence. I have a decided heart. I will not wait. I know that the purpose of analysis is to come to a conclusion. I have tested the angles. I have measured the probabilities. And now I have made a decision with my heart. I am not timid. I will move now and not look back. I do not procrastinate. All my problems become smaller when I confront them. If I touch a thistle with caution, it will prick me, but if I grasp it boldly, its spines crumble into dust. I will not wait. I am passionate about my vision for the future. My course has been charted. My destiny is assured. I have a decided heart."


On that note...I have a decided heart to be the best in the world at CrossFit...Here is my first mountain conquered: Iron Curtian 2010

WOD #1 Run 600m with 25lb bumper plate, Finish with a 1 mile run - 13:01

WOD #2: As many rounds as possible: 10 pull-ups, 10 burpees - 2.5





The pull-ups did me in....




WOD#3: Dead lift Max - PR 225lbs
WOD#4: 3 rounds for time: 10 Overhead squats, 10 box jumps, 20 double unders 6:01



Peas&Love,
Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment